Fallout is the action role-playing game series developed for gamers who love to play action games. This game was released in November 2015 for Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. This is an open-world action game the story of this is shown in the future where you have to go to the Great War in order to protect the world.
In this game, your character is a Sole survivor who survives the nuclear blast by hiding in the underground nuclear bunker; after the murder of his spouse and kidnapping of his son, he set himself on a mission to rescue his son from the kidnappers. This game includes different quests; by achieving these quests, the sole survivor gets the new tools, which helps him later in the game to defeat the kidnappers.
This game got so popular because of its storyline the players from around the world give positive reviews. The Audiotrack and the graphics of this game are next levels, making this game so amazing to play; this game makes $750 million within the first day of launch and received various kinds of gaming awards.
Though it’s the best open-world action game and receives many positive reviews, but some problems occur in the game; the biggest problem in the fallout 4 is it crashes on startup but worry not. We are here to fix this problem once in for all.
Here we will discuss 10 different ways to fix the crash problem while starting this game; you can choose the best way that suits you the most.
10 Ways to Fix Fallout 4 Crash on Startup:
1. By modifying the video settings of your system:
Most of the players solve this issue by changing the game resolution, but for this, you have to match your in-game resolution along with the display resolution of your computer device.
Once you fix the resolution, you will see that the game is fixed and the crash issue while the start is being resolved.
2. Mouse acceleration issue:
In order to fix the crash problem while starting the game most of the player often uses this solution.
- Go to the C partition of your computer, then open the username and then click on my game, Fallout 4.
- After going to Fallout, 4 find the file named Fallout4Prefs.ini and then open this file.
- There you have to change the iPresentinterval=1 to iPresentinterval=0.
- Now click on the save option after this process is done.
- For verify the integrity of the setup, follow these steps.
- Relaunch the stream after restarting your system.
- Now open the library sections the click on Fallout 4.
- Go to properties and then select the local files tab.
- To verify the integrity of the game click on verify the integrity of the game.
- Once this process is done, relaunch the game to check whether the error is fixed or not.
3. Disable the antivirus:
Antivirus is good for fighting with the virus but sometimes it will make problems for some games to startups, so don’t need to panic. There just disable the antivirus to get rid of these problems.
Now simply start the game again to check whether the startup error issue is gone or not, if the problem is resolved then enable the antivirus again but if not then try one more time to check whether the problem is fixed or not.
4. Making use of 64 Bit computer system:
The game Fallout 4 won’t work on 32-bit computers. If your PC is running on a 32-bit Windows system, then we would prefer you to use a 64-bit windows system so that fallout 4 will work on your computer.
But in order to use 64-bit windows, you should have use a 64-bit processor on your pc.
5. Updating the graphics driver:
Another reason for the game to crash is that your graphic driver is not up to date, and once you keep updating your graphics, you will find out that the game crash at the start is gone.
So if you are facing this problem, you should also look for the latest version of the software because your computer’s on-screen setting depends on your graphics card, so if your graphics card is not up to date, you will undoubtedly face this problem.
And if you don’t know which version is to download for your graphics card, worry not and follow these below-mentioned steps.
- On your home screen, just click the mouse’s right button and select your graphics card settings.
- Look for the system information option, which you can mostly find on the left corner.
- Once you find that option open it.
- Once you open the option, you will find the best version of drivers to install for your computer.
6. Delete the game files and then reload again:
Most of the time, some of the problems you face during the game’s opening are because sometimes your game files have been corrupted, so you have to delete the files and then install them again to resolve the problem.
There is nothing hard about this technique, and it is the most commonly used technique most of the peoples follow this way, and they delete their game’s corrupted files and then install them again; this technique helps them in resolving the game crash problem, which occurs when the game is starting.
7. Make changes in the settings:
Most of the time, the issue happens due to some incorrect settings that have been saved automatically. This is one of the most common reasons for which the Fallout 4 game crashes during the start of the game.
So if you want to get resolve this situation, then try to reset your Pc settings, which include resolution settings, performance settings, and your driver’s settings.
8. Install the latest updates of the game:
The problem in fallout 4 occurs because most of the time we forgot to update our game, so the game crashes during the start. Though this is the main reason for the game to crash during the start but still most of the time, we miss this little step.
So try to update the version of the game, and once you have done it, you will find that the problem while starting the game is no more.
9. Check and then repair if there are any corrupted files in your device:
Try to scan your computer, and then if you find any corrupted files in your system, try to delete them. By doing so, your system will be free from the corrupted files and the problem will be solved.
10. Re-install the game:
If Fallout 4 is still facing these problems, then try to re-install the game this will surely help you fix the problem, so if you can’t get rid of this problem, then delete your game and re-install it.
These are the best ten ways to fix the Fallout 4 crash problem. You can try any of them which suit you best; hope this article would be helpful. Enjoy!
- [Latest FIX] MineCraft Keeps Crashing
- [Latest] 7 Days to Die: Console Commands and Cheat Codes
- [13 Latest] Games like Corruption of Champions
- [11 Latest] Best Daggers in Skyrim
We have discussed ten different ways to fix the crash problem while starting this game; you can choose the best way which suits you the most, and if the game is still not working, then try to delete it and download it again. This will surely help you.
Try to scan your computer and then if you find any corrupted files in your system, try to delete them; by doing so, your system will be free from the corrupted files, and the problem will be solved. You should have to go through every step in order to fix this problem.
Q1. Can updating the drivers will help us fix the problem?
Yes, this is one of the ways to fix the crash problem in the game.